Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How Celtic Woman has changed my life

For the past 5 years, I have been struggling with severe depression. I had a phenomenal therapist and my friends were very supportive. However, it didn't seem like enough-there was something missing. My therapist and I worked very hard to find something that would fill that hole, but nothing seemed to be working. Jennifer and I tried to figure out how to fill the hole, but nothing did. Things became even more complicated when Jennifer left in August 2008. I was without a therapist and didn't know which way to turn. I was without a therapist for a few months and I was completely lost. I did find another therapist but again, there was still something missing.
Then, one December afternoon, I was watching T.V. and started channel surfind during the commercials. There was a concert on TPT Life, with 4 girls singing and another playing the violin. I didn't know it at the time, but it was Celtic Woman singing "Danny Boy". That was when I first picked out my favorite Celtic Woman, Lisa-even though I didn't know her name at the time. I stayed on TPT Life and watched the last 2 songs, and I was hooked. The next 2 times PBS aired "Songs from the Heart", I wathced the entire concert and was speechless both times! I dreamt of someday seeing these incredible girls live in concert. I was completely convinced that this particular dream would never come true, even though one of my previous dreams had come true twice-seeing al ive Idina concert. And one of my big dreams-meeting Idina had also come true. I was exploring their website and found the official forum. I immediately joined and made an amazing friend who gave me the links to Chloe, Lynn, Alex and Mairead's forums (I had already round Lisa's fanclub and forum). I started spending a lot of time on the forums and noticed a thread on Mairead's to help fans find tickets. I started thinking that maybe my dream could come true. So I posted in the thread, not really expecting anything. When I checked my e-mail that night, I saw that a forum member had bought me a ticket. And not just any ticket, the best seat he could find!
There are no words to describe your first live Celtic Woman concert. I already respected and dearly loved each of the girls. As soon as they sang the first note, I was whisked into heaven and stayed there for the entire night, even after the concert was over and I was back at home. It is surreal to see your hero live singing on stage. Lisa had stolen my heart the very first time I saw her on PBS, but seeing her live is a thousand times better-and she has a smile that melts your heart. After the incredible honor of seeing these angels live, you can do anything and your world is a million times brighter.
I am really strugglinh with a difficult eating disorder. I have thought about giving up countless times because it was so difficult. It's severe enough that it's life-threatening. Now, whenever I even think about giving up, all I have to do is think about 5 Irish angels who mean the world to me, and I have the courage to keep fighting and beat this illness. I couldn't have gotten here without them, and every night before I go to bed, I either watch a couple songs from my "Songs from the Heart" DVD, or listen to a few songs from the CD. I also wake up every morning to Celtic Woman! :) I believe everything happens for a reason and that God sent his 5 Irish angels to me at the time I needed them most-when my eating disorder was once again beginning to take over. Now that these girls are a part of my life, they will be forever, and each girl will always have a special place in my heart. I will support them any way I can and love them always. These girls are truly a blessing to anyone who is blessed by their amazing music and gorgeous personalities. I am still holding on to my dream of meeting them someday, which I know will happen("There can be miracles when you believe"). But for now, I am content to know that they are doing what they love and are loving every minute of it! Alex, Chloe, Lisa, Lynn and Mairead have all touched my heart in the most special way, and I feel so blessed that they are a part of my life!

1 comment:

  1. awww.... this was a very well written story about how Celtic Woman changed your life.

    ReplyDelete